The part-time 2nd Tier Desktop Support Technician’s responsibility is to provide end-user support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This is a part-time position working three days a week (equivalent to 22.5 hours) and involves being hands-on with local employees and working remotely with users located throughout the EU, USA and Canada. This includes using remote management tools to support desktop computers, printers, audio/video and mobile messaging devices.
- Provide first and second-level Windows and software support via desk-side, telephone and remote support channels. Provide hardware support on laptops, desktops, printers, video conference, mobile phones and other peripherals for employees and contractors. Role will also be exposed to Mac based OS and hardware and be expected to gradually support this platform as well.
- Works with vendor’s support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems, including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase and deploy hardware and software.
- Coordinating user and support issues among corporate and remote sites to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on user satisfaction and productivity.
- Researching, resolving, and responding to complex questions received via ticketing system, telephone calls, callbacks, or escalations, and provide support on electronic services, in accordance with current standards.
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Handle computer moves as required.
- Document and maintain user knowledge base for technical operations
- Be available be able to provide 24x7 support for business critical issues when scheduled to be on-call
What are the benefits?
- Competitive £32,000 pro-rata salary
- Commission scheme
- Pro-rata 28 days Holiday (increasing with service)
- Childcare vouchers
- Superb training facilities
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
- Free on-site parking
Based in fantastic countryside offices, we are focused on progression and personal development.